Backup project in intouch 6.0b

rbz

I want to backup a project in intouch 6.0b. I don´t see any intouch application to make the backup. I don´t have the computer that is running the project, I have a copy of the application and I installed the 6.0b version to make the backup of the project.
I want to upgrade it to 10.1 version in another computer.

Thanks in advance for your help

There is no built in backup method for versions before the System Platform series. Well, at least for InTouch 9.5 and before.

So your application directory files are the backup. Just use them. When you startup a new version of InTouch it will convert the files to the newer version.

However, I recall reading that you might not be able to convert directly to version 10, but to version 8 or 9 first. Give it a go and see.

You will have to copy you I/O driver configuration files, if you can use the same driver in InTouch 10.1, otherwise you'll have to use the new driver and do the configuration.

I'm sure someone else will jump in and correct me or add more if I'm mistake. I've not used 6.0, only 5.6 on WIN98 and then we switched to 7.1 on NT (and later 7.11 on XP) and then 9/9.5 so my reply is based on believing that 6.0 is just an earlyer version of 7.x and not radically different in file usage. I could be wrong.

Thanks Dave2 I will try to make the conversion to version 10. I also think that I need to install the driver for the new version and make the configuration in the new version.

I made the project import on version 10, but I want to configure the driver. My client only has the intouch CD and a CD named "Device integration". What is the name of the CD where the driver can be installed from? How do I install the driver from the CD?

"Device integration" CD is the I/O driver CD. Run the Setup (AutorunPro.EXE ?) program if it doesn't AutoStart.

Or, I think, you can select to 'Install an I/O driver' from the main install CD and it prompts you to put this CD in the computer.

What PLC & I/O Driver / type (serial, ethernet, etc) are you using ?

You most likely want to select an "I/O Server" not a "DAServer" driver as the new DAServer uses a MMC Snap-in and configures very different from the old I/O servers. If you select an "I/O Server" you may be able to use your old I/O server configuration file, which would be in the I/O driver directory on the computer.

I found the I/O driver cd from ver 6.0b. I am using Ge Fanuc 90 series PLC via SNP-X and Modbus protocols. I installed both protocols from the ver 6.0b cd into the ver 10.1 and it seems to work fine, I didn´t get any error messages. I will test the version 10.1 project next week.

Thanks for your help