Same button set different memmories in oder

juanmdx

Hello, I'm working on a PLC program and I need to set different memmories, in order with the same button.
The thing is that when the user clicks a button M1 should set to 1 if M2, M3, M4 and M5 are not in 1, the if the user clicks the button again M2 should set to 1 if M1 is on 1 and M3, M4 and M5 are not in 1, and so on.

I attach a copy of what I'm trying to implement, the ONB is my button and the others are the memories I want to set to 1. I couldn't attach the memories, but I think you can get an idea.

I thought this would work, but with the speed of the PLC I get all the memories to 1 with the same click of the button, can anyone help me?

Thanks
Juan

Ladder.jpg

I don't know the instruction set of your PLC so you will have to translate this as needed.

In rungs before the ones you show here create a one-shot of the input. Use the one shot in place of the input in the rungs you show.

But this is very important - in EACH RUNG where you set a bit and reset others also place a reset of the bit one-shot. That way only the first rung which evaluates as TRUE will execute and the rest will be bypassed.

OK, I create the one shot (I shou just a little part of the program, I cant manage to paste everything), but I don't understand this:

"But this is very important - in EACH RUNG where you set a bit and reset others also place a reset of the bit one-shot. That way only the first rung which evaluates as TRUE will execute and the rest will be bypassed."

what do you mean with this set-reset bits?, where and how do I set and reset them?

Thanks
Juan

Ladder2.jpg

I figured I shouldn't use the latch rung of the one shot, but I still doesn't know where to put and how to reset the bits to by-pass the other rungs.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks
Juan

Ladder2.jpg

another way of doing it would be to use a counter each time the input is pressed count up by 1. If count=1 then do first rung, If count=2 then do second rung etc. Then when all the rungs are complete reset counter.

I'm trying to do this counter thing, but for some reason is not working.

Can anyone explain me the set-reset bits that Bernie was talking about?

Thanks
Juan

So, on the first rung the coil of M14 should be a SET and I RESET it on the last rungs?

Thanks

No, leave the first rung as it is. It may sound wrong to perform a reset of a location that you have not set but it will work ok.

So you generate your one-shot (%M14) in the first rung. In all the other rungs place a reset of %M14.

The first rungs which do not pass a TRUE to their outputs will not reset %M14.

But the first rung which passes a TRUE will set the bits you wish and will reset %M14.

All the rungs after that will not be able to pass a TRUE since %M14 will be turned off.