Indusoft Alarm Question

jonfarrugia

I've created a Dint alarm words in my beckhoff plc to represent alarms. Each bit of the integer represents a specific machine alarm. I've mapped the dint word as an integer in indusoft. I'm trying to setup an alarm message to represent each bit in indusoft using Alarm_Word->b0 all the way to Alarm_Word->b31
I figured this would work but as soon as I exit the alarm setup screen, it removes "->b0"
How to I look at an integer in indusoft and decode the bits into alarm messages?

Dear jonfarrugia,

InduSoft stores the alarm status within the Tag Properties of the individual tag. Because “Alarm_Word->b0” points to a bit within the tag and not the tag itself, it cannot be used in this field.

There are at many ways to accomplish what you are trying to do, but it is always best to contact the InduSoft support group for the best answers.

1. Within the PLC, break out the individual bits to individual bits and read them into Boolean InduSoft Tags.

2. Keep the existing way you are doing it in the PLC, and use a Scheduler Worksheet (using the change/trigger), that calls a global procedure to split the word into individual bits.

3. This method might be easier to implement (even though less efficient): a script running continuously (Execution = 1), writing values from the Integer tag into individual Boolean tags, which can be configured in the Alarm worksheet(s).

As I said above, InduSoft support would be able to discuss methods that would best fit your application (performance, ease of documenting, etc.).

Scott Kortier
Marketing Communications Manager
InduSoft, Inc.