Indusoft / Edge modification downloads

matwon

Hi, I have to modify a client's aveva edge application and I'm not sure how to download the modifications without breaking anything :)

Setup is pretty simple:

• VM with Edge installed (dev licence) was used to develop the application. I still have that VM
  • Client has a PC with Edge installed (runtime licence only).
  • During startup, project was transfered from developpement edge to client's edge using the remote management tool.
  • To the best of my knowledge, I don't think something changed on the developpement side and client side since the startup.

I have to modify some graphics and a new line in a procedure script.

For graphics, I know I can connect to the client's application and when you save a modified screen, Edge will ask you to push the modification. Thats ok...

For the Procedures... Will I need to make a download and select "Only newer files"?

Does Edge actually compare files before sending it over?
If I only make a script change, will it only send the new script file?

I want to avoid overwriting the values (important process parameters) of a few hundred internal tags.
Shoud I play on the safe side and import (with remote management) the client's LIVE application and use that backup to make the modifications?

Indusoft and edge's document doesn't really cover that part in detail.

Thanks alot!!