Indusoft (Aveva Edge) VbScript to find a string in a column and return line values

Thanks everyone for the help, especially Norm and drbitboy....

It was the syntax of the Indusoft HMI tag RecipeScan that I had wrong...

Here is the working code:

Code:
Dim sql
sql="Select * FROM meerer12.recipe_list Where scan_code = '" & $RecipeScan & "'"
$numCur=$DBCursorOpenSQL("MySqlDB",sql)

Works perfectly...

You aren't kidding. It shouldn't be that complicated. :oops:

Yah that was my bad when I added the "...=?" conjecture, in addition to more or less the working solution the OP ended up with, in Post #2.

If I had not added that conjecture, and OP had not tried it, then this might have been solved a few days ago.