siemens s7-400

bbseay

Why is seimens processors so outrageously expensive makes allen bradley look cheap. I had 2 redundant units in 2 seperate cabinets going to 2 different locations. Cost for the seimens stuff was over 120,000.00 my cost.

Is the product far superior to allen bradley?

Customer Specs were why the setup was choosen.

Generally S7-400 is not cheap, and S7-400H less so.
Since you didnt specify any details, it is impossible to gauge if the 120.000 USD price is OK or not.

An S7-400H bundle:
Bundles, not assembled, comprising: UR2-H module rack, 2 x power supplies PS 405/407, 2 x CPU 412-3H, 2 x Memory Card RAM (1 Mbyte), 4 x Sync module (for max. 10 m), 2 x FOC cable for Sync modules (1 m), 4 x backup battery
412H System bundle, 1 Mb, 120/230V AC, 10 A 6ES7400-0HR00-4AB0 69.700,00 DKK (~12.000 USD).

That does not include any i/o, which could be redundant ET200M for example.
A more potent CPU, such as the 417-4H is much more expensive.

Why is seimens processors so outrageously expensive makes allen bradley look cheap. I had 2 redundant units in 2 seperate cabinets going to 2 different locations. Cost for the seimens stuff was over 120,000.00 my cost.

Is the product far superior to allen bradley?

Customer Specs were why the setup was choosen.[/QUO

They are far superior. :) but there has to be more to your story

You must be talking about a lot of i/o , engineering, enclosures etc

Because cpu's , racks are no where near that price.

One of the problems with Siemens is that they have a LOT of distributors for all kinds of different products but not all of them are allowed to buy PLCs. So if you called a "construction" type Siemens distributor and asked him for a price on a PLC, he is likely to call a real PLC distributor (called a Siemens Technology Center) and get charged list price, then mark it up from there without ever letting you know he is not an authorized distributor. So your price can end up grossly inflated. A-B doesn't have that problem because they don't have "construction" distributors that sell only switchboards and circuit breakers.

add 8-analog input cards
16- profibus cards 2 per rack x8 racks
8- dc inputcards 16 inputs
12-dc out cards 16 outs
8-ac out cards
4-s7 power supplies
4-s7-412 cpu
4-s7 eternet cards
4 other comm s7 cards

how is the s7 stuff better than control logix?

Just get some other quotes

If your talking about just the parts- your getting ripped off

Jraef

I know of AB distributors selling Siemens products

add 8-analog input cards
16- profibus cards 2 per rack x8 racks
8- dc inputcards 16 inputs
12-dc out cards 16 outs
8-ac out cards
4-s7 power supplies
4-s7-412 cpu
4-s7 eternet cards
4 other comm s7 cards
See price in Siemens CA01 DVD
https://www.automation.siemens.com/ik/html_76/ca01.htm
how is the s7 stuff better than control logix?
For info - S7-400H is not ideal system and also can falls in double mode
See Error Corrections page
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/6741018

Can some one tell me the price of the Siemens Simatic S7-400 I really need it as soon as possible, with some caracteristics of that PLC
Else, the OMRON CJ2M is much better than the S7 right?? Actually I need a comparison between those 2 PLC's :/