Allen Bradley system design - help needed!

Homer_BL

Hello!

I have never worked with AB automation device, but seems to me I will have to.
There is a one distant pump station controlled by Micrologix1500. Customer wants to build few more stations, interconnect stations via fiber optic, and make a Central station (for viewing, logging - SCADA, an parametrizing PLC-s).
I can see that there are many AB experts here.
Can enyone suggest me hardware and software for such system upgrade?
All station will be controlled by MicroLogix1500.
I need to know:
1. communication model type, in station.
2. media converter type (internal communication <-> fiber-optics)
3. software to run on Central station.

Thanks.

First thing is too talk him out of the 1500. Use an 1100, 1400 or a compactlogix that has inbuit ethernet. It will be much easier and even with the cost of throwing away a 1500 processor, it will be cheaper.
Regards Alan Case