FIRST SCAN vs reboot

babahu

Does First Scan (FST_SCN) happen only after reboot? OR whenever Stop and Start?
I want to test the code but don't know what I have to do to get it to be set.

Can I warm boot the PLC? Or do I have to power cycle it?
(GE Fanuc PLC Micro).

Does First Scan (FST_SCN) happen only after reboot? OR whenever Stop and Start?
I want to test the code but don't know what I have to do to get it to be set.

Can I warm boot the PLC? Or do I have to power cycle it?
(GE Fanuc PLC Micro).

I am not very familiar with the Fanuc Micro, but as a general rule PLCs turn on the First Scan when powered up, and when going from Program to Run. The information should be in the manual. If it is a Series 90 Micro the manual is here;

http://www.ge-fanuc.com/infolink/manuals/gfk1065f.pdf

The First Scan is listed at the top of Page 9-7 in Table 9-4.

I am sure someone with more GE PLC experience will set you straight.

Stu.....

First scan

I do agree with above reply.

When you put controller from Stop to Run , then Controller starts working. during that instance, First scan marker activates (1) for a very small time (its rising edge)
& deactivates immediately.

if You are looking to Application, you cannot even recongize when it appears but it functions fine.

Hope this helps :)

You should test it with an Add instruction. ;)

Add %R2000 and a constant of 1 to %R2000. If %R2000 has a value of 0, stop and start the plc. Watch the value increase as you test power cycles and stop to run transitions.

Testing code is fundamental to writing code.