RS500 Startup Protection

jthornton

From the help file in RSLogix500

"Startup Protection Fault S:1/9

When this bit is set and power is cycled while the controller is in the REM Run mode, the controller executes the user fault routine prior to the execution of the first scan of your program."

Is this a good thing to do?

Where do you put the user fault routine?

Thanks

This is also from the help file in RSLogix 500.

Fault Routine S:29

You enter a program file number (3-255) to be used in all recoverable and non-recoverable major errors. Program the ladder logic of your fault routine in the file you specify. Write a 0 value to disable the routine.

Try Publication 1747-RM001C-EN-P for more information. The fault routine is discussed in chapter 11 of this manual.

http://www.ab.com/manuals/