Clear Major Fault on ML1100 via keypad?

TimD

Lifetime Supporting Member
Major Error 0020h

Stand-alone unit, no computer or internet access. I have someone on-site, is there a way they can clear this fault? We tried power cycling. Perhaps there is a power on key press or keypad method?

I believe scaling was to blame for the fault.

Thanks!

My guys on site were able to view the fault via the small LCD screen on the processor. The Micro Has a small 4-directional keypad for navigation. They told me that there is no reset option that they can see. I'm in the manual now to also see.

Sorry, forget about the built in LCD screen. I don't believe there is a way to access the Minor Error Bit S/5 directly from the micrologix keys. If it was connected to a DTAM module there would be a way to reset the error. I think your only option is to be on-line with the processor to get the error to clear. If there is a way I would also be interested in knowing. Sorry.

Guess I needed to build this into my Startup file: S2:1/8 and S2:1/12 set to 1 now, to get remotely connected to fix...

Major Error 0020h. . .I believe scaling was to blame for the fault.

That makes sense. A scaling error would result in the code you got.

There should be a mode switch on the PLC. If you can switch it to program mode, then back to run mode, that should clear the fault and put the controller back to run mode. Slide the switch back to remote if you want to be able to control the mode with RSLogix.

EDIT: Its not a switch, rather an LCD screen...see page 125 of the user manaul.

Also setting bit s:1/8, and s:1/12 will tell the PLC to clear major errors and attempt run mode on power up.

is their an error code definition availaible somewhere?
I "googled" 020h with manny text without finding anything helpfull...Only this thread

My customer is experiencing it far away from me and i'm looking for possibility and causes...

Is it something relative to an overflow math ? What are all the causes of this fault ?

Last edited: