c-more to ml1400 ch1

hackj0632

I am trying to connect a ml1400 to an automation direct c-more throgh ethernet ip. the c-more is displaying an error "plc-498 0x100000"

PLC-498 Error code 0xaaaaaaaa returned from PLC
Allen-Bradley EtherNET/IP specific. Service Packet Error.
See the explanation for error code PLC-498 proceeding the Allen-​
Bradley EtherNet/IP error code tables.

0x100000 Device state conflict: The device's current mode/state prohibits the execution of the requested service.

an help to resolve this issue would be great thanks

If you read a little further into the C-more help file and you'll find this:

0x100000, Illegal command or format. Typical error received from PLC when addressed requested to the PLC does not exist. Usually occurs if memory map has not been expanded in PLC to the range requested from panel.

i am having the same issue now. i just upgraded a program from a slc 5/04 to a slc 5/05. after i finally got the program to work and the processor to stop faulting the hmi started to display error "plc 498 error code 0x100000 returned from plc on service." i've called automation direct and they dont have any idea what could be causing the error. if anyone can help, i'd appreciate it.

respectfully,
MAC P.

You don't have your memory map expanded in the PLC. I do it all the time when connecting C-more to an AB PLC. Usually I pull the project up in RS Logix but forget the download it (until after I see the error).

You can go to the System Screen in C-more and look at the error tab and it will usually tell you exactly which memory address has not been expanded.