Windows 7 and AB

robo77

Has anyone upgraded to windows 7 and had any luck running AB software?

Before I take the plunge!

There are several threads on the subject. Most people have opted for virtual XP running in W7.

What software are you planning on running and what hardware will you communicate with? I will be the guinea pig for my company here shortly.

RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, RSLogix 5, RSLinx,Panelbuilder, Factory Talk, WonderWare,

all current versions. ya guess I should use that search button :)

No worries.

You will most certainly have to run your software in virtual XP, but it should work. I hear that there are issues with accessing PCMCIA cards in virtual mode. Other than that, most people have had pretty good success.

I just got a new Dell (with a serial port) and so far I love Windows 7, you will need 4 meg of ram for 'XP Mode'

I have not loaded everything (well any Rockwell yet) but Siemens is running good