Panel View Plus 600 to SLC 503 and Server Comms

erickovalle

I am trying to connect a Panel View Plus 600 to a SLC 503.
Is the NC13 the appropiate cable to connect them?
I already developed the application, however, the PVP600 came with a program running at startup.
The white square doesn't appear at startup, so I cannot enter Configuration Mode pressing F1.
How can I enter Configuration Mode? I have blocked technote that refers to that point. But, I have seen some posts regarding how to enter config mode the came this:
-When the application launches it says "RSView is starting".
-I developed whit Factory Talk View Studio 5, so is a firmware upgrade necessary as I do not have prior FTVS releases?
Also, when trying to configure the server, RSLinx Enterprise, I added the DF1 Comm, but under it there is not a SLC 503 serial comm driver, and the only PVP driver is a 5.x release 4.
Does somebody know how to get the correct server connection?
The PVP600 is a 2711P-K6M20A SER A REV B.
The SLC 503 is a 1747-L532E SER C FRN 10.

Thanks in advance!

Erick

The white square in the bottom left corner only appears for about one second on startup

The other way of getting to configuration mode is to plug a USB keyboard to the Panelview plus and hit all four buttons. Ctrl, Windows, Alt, Del.

Long term you need to make sure your project provides access to a configuration button that you can access.

Thanks.
I used the method described in a previous post of using a CF.
Work well and added a Go to configuration button.
Also, I did set up manually the path through DF1 in RSLinx Enterprise to communicate the PVP600 and the SLC503.
The alarma setup didn't work. I'm triggering with an integer the alarms and the PV is displaying that the error of those alarms and messages is too short ...
I wiped them out from the project and everything worked fine, even the timers and the integers that I displayed.
Any idea?
Regards
Erick

SLC5/03 comm PV+600

Hola erick, mira, lo que pasa que tengo el mismo problema que tu, quiero comunicar una panelview plus 600 con un plc SLC5/03, me gustaría saber los pasos que realizaste para llegar a comunicarlos y que materiales usaste para hacerlo.

gracias por tu ayuda.

Saludos.

Cess
By looking at Erickovalle users profile he has not been active since 16 july 2010 so you may need to start a new post to get a response.

I have done a Google translate of your post to englishquoted below

Hi erick, look, what happens is that I have the same problem as you, I want to communicate a panelview plus 600 with SLC5/03 plc, I would like to know the steps you did to get to communicate and what materials you used to do.

thanks for your help.