PanelView 1000 2711-K10G8
ControlLogix Processor 1756-L55/A
DH+/RIO card 1756-DHRIO/C

Software:
PanelBuilder32
RSLogix 5000 v16
RSLinx v2.54

Here is what I am trying to do:

I am trying to interact the panelview with the program that I have created in RSLogix. I was able to download to the PV using a usb to serial converter to my laptop and a straight through cable to the PV.

The PV is hooked up to channel A in the DHRIO card via a DH+ cable. When I use the numeric entry and numeric data display they just show as ***** and I get Error 208 when trying to use the numeric entry.

I have already used the Logic>>Map PLC/SLC Messages in RSLogix to map File number 7 with N7. N7 is the tag that I am using. It is an array of type INT. All of the tag values seem to match up i.e. N7[0] in Logix to tag address N7:0 in PanelBuilder32.

Is there anything that I am missing or does anyone have any advice on the matter?

Thanks in advance,
Curtis

Is the DH+ channel on both devices set up for the correct baud rate?

Are the node numbers of the DHRIO channel and the PV set to unique values?

Do you have terminating resistors on both ends of the DH+ cable?

EDIT: Did you set up the routing table for the DHRIO card?

Last edited:
Is the DH+ channel on both devices set up for the correct baud rate?

Are the node numbers of the DHRIO channel and the PV set to unique values?

Do you have terminating resistors on both ends of the DH+ cable?

EDIT: Did you set up the routing table for the DHRIO card?

The panelview is set at 56.7k and so is the DHRIO card. I do not have the DHRIO mapped in the logic because the processor is in slot 0.

There is a terminating resistor on the PLC side only, but it is only traveling about 10ft so I did not think that mattered.

I did configure the routing table on the DHRIO. The only part that I was unsure about on that is which IP is would put in there, I ended up putting in the IP from my CMD>>IPCONFIG screen on this laptop.

I think this may be part of the cause:

I can upload/download through panelbuilder32 when I do it directly through the RS232, but when I go through the controller to get to it, PanelBuilder32 will "see" the panelview, but it will error out halfway through the process.

I have gone through some documentation on creating the passthrough, but it seems that it didn't work.