Datalink Gateway GW1000

jcreid

I purchased one of these as recommended by one of our integrators. I am trying to get our A-B PLC5/30A onto an ethernet backbone and have it communicate to our InTouch HMI.
I've been moderately successful so far. The GW1000 now has the correct IP address and it's tied into the DH+ on the PLC.
When I fire up RSLinx, I can see the gateway and I can see the processor at DH+ node address 0.

Where I'm having a problem is how to get InTouch's I/O Server to see the PLC. There is some info about connecting the DASABCIP module to a PLC5, but that assumes you are using an A-B ethernet card in the backplane. The GW-1000 is a standalone unit. Ethernet comes in on one end and DH+ comes out the other.

There is also some info about using ABTCP(the older version), but all the references are to versions of OS(I'm on Server 2003) and InTouch(10) a lot older than mine.

I'm a bit of a newbie at this, so if I've left out something important, let me know and I'll try to get that info.

Thanks!

-Jim