Converting to RS Logics

jpd24

I recently hooked up to a SLC 500 and discovered that there was no rung or address comments.I talked to the manufacturer and he e-mailed me all the files for that machine. The problem is that it is not in RSS logics. How do I convert it over? Thank You

IS the file extension he sent .zip? or .rar? or gz?
If so use a program to decrompress files such as Winzip...www.winzip.com

The above means it a compressed file for sending by email

NOTE: RSlogix can also open files with .ach extension

If you have problems getting it converted I am open to send the file too and can send it back with .rss extension to work with.

Last edited:
Yeah, we're lousy guessers. You have to tell us what you need to "convert it over" FROM... :nodi:

beerchug

-Eric

Put the file he sent in a directory you can find.

Open up RSLogix. Go to File - Open

You will get an Open/Import Dialog Box

Look at the file type dropdown list. Choose the extension that matches your file.

Locate your file. Do what it says.

Use the imported file for the database, but if you try to go online and the logic differs it will ask you what to do. Merge the online logic with the description database, in case his logic isn't current.

I HAVE TO SAY THIS

I CANNOT BELIEVE IN CANADA THEY DONT REQUIRE ELECTRICIANS TO LEARN COMPUTERS.

Should be a LAW for it.

Do you have an offline copy of the SLC500 program? The rung comments and addresses are stored on the hard drive. If you're trying to get online with a different computer then you won't have the comments. You could move the offline file to the computer you plan on using to go online.

Re: I HAVE TO SAY THIS

rsdoran said:
I CANNOT BELIEVE IN CANADA THEY DONT REQUIRE ELECTRICIANS TO LEARN COMPUTERS.

Should be a LAW for it.

Good one Ron, but the guy having the trouble is waving the stars and stripes......

technically this is in the wrong thread...loses something here

I think I had two (2) open at same time and replied to wrong one.

rss converting

Thanks Vetteboy,
The import/open file conversion worked like a charm.