Memory loss on 1100's

spifldorf

I have rig set up with a micro 1100, one 1762 OW8 and 4 1762 IT4's, doing a decent 12 zone heat program. On several occasions, it completely looses it's program. I have several other 8 zone setups that doesn't do this. Is it possibly that I have borderlined this on board power supply or something, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I had a similar issue on a finishing line with 6 ML1100's. Ended up adding memory modules and setting up to automatically reload program on power cycle. AB seemed to think it was caused by something coming in on ground (i.e. lightning strike near by).

We installed power filters on the incoming 110V for our L32 CompactLogix processors for the same problem.

Completely different family, but same problem.

The line didn't even have any heavy inductive loads but did use a 480 - 120 transformer for the power supply.

Solved our problem.

P.S. How is your battery? Check the fourth square from the left on the top row of the LCD. That is the low battery indicator. Off (clear, not black) is good.

Hey fellers, It's me again. Still got the same issue. Have double checked all suggestions, Even throwed a rung in that was supposed clear the fault, I think.... anyways. Ladder 2 rung 5 was my last attempt in the first file. The second file of course is my results from all the suggestions.... Now that I realize that I don't know how to post these files, maybe we can start my schooling there...

Zip it first and then at the bottom of the reply screen there is an attach file button.

Hope this helps

Is anything connected to the Ethernet port? I have seen ML1100 loose their program due to a network problem