Memory reset, loss of power

eibe

Hi.

I have some (quite basic, actually) questions:

1) Does anyone know exactly what happens when you perform a Memory Reset on a Siemens S7300 CPU?

2) Will you loose data (actual values) configured in a datablock (DB) if you perform a memory reset?

3) I know DB's are said to be non-volatile, but can you risk loosing configured data in an instance DB when you perform a memory reset or if you have a power loss on your system? (for instance, if you have a PID regulator, and configure/change gain, Ti and Td parameter in the instance DB from any HMI)?

4) any other know cases where you risk loosing data in a DB which has been written to (configured) from an HMI?

Thanx in advance :)

Go to google, put in S7-300 "Copy Ram to Rom" including the quotes. The article you want should be the top one in the list. It does a pretty good job of describing what happens to initial and actual datablock values.