how to reset memory in A-B L32E CPU

naag_slet

Hi to All,
Actually i am looking on how to reset/delete the memory in the A-B L32E COMPACTLOGIX CPU? as like in SLC to reset memory we have to short VB and GND in the PCB.
Thanks in advance.
Naag.

Thanks Mr.bkottaras,
can u please explain your suggetion?

I am looking the manual method and without software and laptop,as just like in SLC we use to short VB and GND inside of the printed circuit board.

Thanks Mr.bkottaras,
can u please explain your suggetion?

I am looking the manual method and without software and laptop,as just like in SLC we use to short VB and GND inside of the printed circuit board.
Use control flash to flash the processor to a new firmware.It'll erase everything.
Not sure about not having a PC andsoftware.
I guess you can use a compact flash with a blank program to load at start up. That will erase everything on the cpu memory.
If the CPU isn't enabled to load from the compact flash then I'm out of suggestions.

Thanks Mr.bkottaras,

Stiil i am looking for PCB level resetting method.
like eresing memory by shorting something in the pins of memorial IC or other method.

i just learned new way to delete the program "but the ip will not be erased"
first power up the L32E (my test was proven on two L35E) then power down the module by moving the "module bus lever" (the 8 pin connector between the power supply and the PLC . and that should delete the program. to delete the IP us BOOTP and enter the Mac address, then right click on the mac address you entered and reset to default.đź“š

Welcome to the Forum !

What you have witnessed is the CompactLogix reaction to a failure of the 1769 bus. This is a protective feature of the controller that clears the user program and shuts down the I/O.

I very strongly recommend using the ordinary memory clearing mechanism of the CompactLogix:

1. Disconnect power from the CompactLogix power supply.
2. Remove the CompactFlash memory card from the CPU, if present.
3. The battery is on the left side of the CPU, under the plastic cover. Disconnect the battery connector and wait ten seconds. There is no "short two pins" or other process required.

This is a totally ordinary, completely normal, as-designed way to clear the user memory of a CompactLogix controller.

The EtherNet/IP port configuration is not stored in user memory and will be retained. You can reconfigure it with any of the ordinary methods: use RSLinx through the serial port, or use the BOOTP/DHCP Utility.