config ml 1200 and usb to serial

silentcororo

:site:hi;
Well from I dont have any serial port on my PC I decided to buy a usb to serial converter, but cant connect my PLC to rslinx.

the way I config my rslinx ver.2.54, first select rs-232 DF1 devices, then see on my device manager the port are installed my usb to serial converter, this case comport 4, then select on rslinx and set next parameters:

com:4
Device
Baud rate: 9600
Protocol: full duplex

the cable number is "1761-cbl-pm02"

thanks all advices
Miguel V.

Did you try "Autoconfigure"?

Is the ML1200 new? Does it have a program in it? If so check the offline file to see how the port(s) are setup or post it here and someone will take a look for you.

See below for the ML1200's default settings.

deafultSettings.jpg

Set the "Device Type" to "SLC-CH0/Micro/PanelView" and select CRC for the Error Checking type.

The default baud rate for the MicroLogix 1100/1200/1400/1500 controllers is 19200 baud.

The "Autoconfig" feature does not work correctly with many USB/RS232 converters (it does work with the Keyspan HS-19), but the default settings for the MicroLogix 1200 should do the trick.

You can be sure the MicroLogix 1200 is in the default communications mode by pressing the "DCOMM" button hidden near the memory module plug until the "DCOMM" LED is solid green.

You'll need a pin or something to push the button, and it's tricky to get it to register even though you're pushing it.

But as Ken said just push it in different ways for about 5-6 seconds until you see the LED stated light up.