hoe to config 2 ml 1100 and 1200 and panel view 550

silentcororo

Hi everyone;
I have an pv 550 touch, and I want to see him on rslings, I have a usb to serial converter and 1747-uic, my pv has 2 ports DF1 rs232 and rs232, config to try to see him on rslinxs, next the 2 confgs i have tried before:

Using usb to serial converter:

Create an rs 232 df1 devices:
Com port 4:
Device type: SLc-cho/micro/Panel view
baud rate:9600

Using 1747-uic
seleccting uic-Devices
select com 4

cant see him :( :(

I am connectiong on rs232 and df1 rs 232 port and cant see it, I have to use an 1761-net-aic to connect with him ??

all of this is to see all the processes are controling 2 plcs Micro 1100 mand micro 1200

hi everyone;

Well i have seen and other thread with same question but using slc, i was configuring Slc channels and nodes doest hapend anithing, the pv cat is: 2711-t5a16l1-serv b.

From your USB to Serial adapter to your PV's RS232 port you need a straight thru cable. Is that what you are using? If so then auto-configure should work.

Your terminal uses the DF1 protocol. However the adapter (1747-UIC) has DH485 protocol as its output. They will not work together.

An adapter frequently recommended on this site is the Keyspan USA-HS19. This would provide a standard RS232 port which allows the DF1 protocol to operate.

hi;
Ok, look I am reviwing the pdf totors about pvs and 1761-net-aic, they told me about use cable comunication 1747-cp3, but if i am using slc 503 to conect with pv 550 i have to use cable 2711-nc13, jaja and i was using cable 1756-cp3 jeje.

well i have to spend 182 dlls on 2711-nc13.. or do u have better idea ??

hi;
now, with the cable 2711-nc13 onect directly PC to pv rs 232 port ?

do you have a pv configuration to use it to read info from a others plcs ?

Miguel V.
thanks

now, with the cable 2711-nc13 onect directly PC to pv rs 232 port ?
Yes for a SLC see picture above (post #8) for a micrologix

do you have a pv configuration to use it to read info from a others plcs ?
If I understand the question correctly, you cannot passthru the PV to view a PLC/SLC also.

Last edited:
hi ;
Ok now I am trying to get the net using a 1747-uic just connecting 2 ml,1200 and 1100, the pv I am connectiong on Rs232(DF1) PC port, in the rslinxs obiusly I have 2 drivers, its possible to the pv communicate to other net??

pv on DF1 net and 2 ml on dh485 net??

now in all pdf tutors I have found just tell me the way to communicate the pv with ml is direcctly without 1761-net-aic, but I need it on net like on the pics

PV AND ML1200.JPG rslinxs.JPG