FXon data store log.

Hi guys,
I hope somebody can offer me some help with a problem I am trying to track down. I have an old machine with a small FXon PLC that is breaking down on a regular basis. To help trace the fault I want to create a log of the state of the inputs (X0 to X7) whenever coil M115 (machine running) switches off. I would like to store the last 10 events with the latest at the top of the stack. No expert on mitsubishi programming but can make program changes. I can find the instruction SFTL but it looks like a bit instruction and I want to shift a whole data word. I think the instruction i want to use to load the data from the inputs would be something like:
MOV K2 X000 D001
then need the data shifting around. The datawords that I want to use as a store are D100 to D109. Hope that makes sense. I am useing an old version of Medoc as it is the only Mits software we have.

Any help greatly appreciated

Alex.

Hello,

I think the command you are looking for is a block move. I think it should look like this.

BMOV K2X0 D1 K10

This will move the input status to registers d1-d11.

I am not sure this will work but worth a try, good luck!

-Dave

thanks for the reply Dave. That command looks like one I may use in the future, but correct me if I am wrong, I will then have 10 datawords with exactly the same data in them. What I want is to put the most recent info into the first, move the older data from DW1 to DW2, Move DW2 to DW3, etc... so I have a log of the last ten incedents. I know I coul manually move all these DW around, but I am sure there must be a simpler solution to do it with one or two commands, thats why I referenced the SFTL instruction.

-Alex

WFSL & WFSR are word shift left & right into a stack or SFWR
It would be best to go to the mitsubishi website to download the manual for the FX0N

Hi guys,
I hope somebody can offer me some help with a problem I am trying to track down. I have an old machine with a small FXon PLC that is breaking down on a regular basis. To help trace the fault I want to create a log of the state of the inputs (X0 to X7) whenever coil M115 (machine running) switches off. I would like to store the last 10 events with the latest at the top of the stack. No expert on mitsubishi programming but can make program changes. I can find the instruction SFTL but it looks like a bit instruction and I want to shift a whole data word. I think the instruction i want to use to load the data from the inputs would be something like:
MOV K2 X000 D001
then need the data shifting around. The datawords that I want to use as a store are D100 to D109. Hope that makes sense. I am useing an old version of Medoc as it is the only Mits software we have.

Any help greatly appreciated

Alex.
The following will do what you need:
LD M115
PLF M116
LD M116
BMOV D100 D101 K9
MOV K2X0 D100

Be aware, that the registers D100-D109 will not retain data thru PLC restart.

Thank you for your replies, I have downloaded the programming manual from Mitsubishi. Parky, how do I adjust the parameter setup?

On your top line there should be two boxes, start with the one on the left from the dropdown list chose Parameter then the next PLC parameter then chose the page headed Device and then type in the range to start latch and end latch. Hope this helps. Soory if I hijacked your thread Parky. Regards Badger

Thanks for your help guys. I have sorted this out now. I also got hold of a copy of GX-Developer but when I go to the parameter setup I don't get the option to change retentative memory ranges. Maybe not available on the FXoN I am using or maybe the software is restricted because it is the free version. Thanks again fella's

-Alex.

The retentive data registers in the FXoN model are preset. Now having said that, I dont have an FX0N book.

I almost think (lol almost) that the retentive registers start at D200 to the last one at D255.
But different numbers keep jumping in my mind so they may start lower than D200 but at least those I have mentioned will be retentive.