How chane the Baud Rate in a 1794-adn in a existing device NET Network?

angelesleonj

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi:

I am attempting to change the baud rate in 1794-ADN Flex I/O module in an existing Device NET Network via RSNetworx for Device NET. But i can no talk with this device.

Some body had made it before?

I will appreciate your help.

Have a look and see if you have the "DeviceNet Node Commissioing Tool" installed on your PC.

Start that utility up & then let us know how you go with it

The baud rate of the 1794-ADN is set automatically. AFAIK there is no way to force it to a certain rate. If the other devices on your network are set to the correct speed, the ADN should set itself at power-up. You will not be able to communicate with the ADN using RSNetworx until it has established its baud rate.

Kolyur is correct; the 1794-ADN automatically detects the data rate and sets itself to match. Autobaud cannot be disabled on the 1794-ADN.

There has to be some DeviceNet traffic for Autobaud to work, even if it's not addressed to the 1794-ADN. If there is an existing network with traffic between a scanner and slave devices, the 1794-ADN will definitely detect that traffic and set its data rate to match.

When I have trouble browsing a device with RSLinx/RSNetworx, I prove that the device is operational by sending a "Get Attribute Single" message to Class 1, Instance 1, Attribute 1 (the Vendor ID) using the attached controller. If the device doesn't respond to that message, I keep troubleshooting until it does so. If the device does respond to that message, I can start troubleshooting the software and PC interface.