Auto configuring failed on find the baud and parity

Koid

I'm new to PLC, I'm using MicroLogix 1000, using USB-1761-CBL-PM02. When I try to use RSLinx Classic Lite to do the auto configuration with RS-232 DF1 Device, it shows failed to find the baud and parity! Check all cables and switch settings!
I made sure the com port is correct by checking the device manager, using SLC-CH0/Micro/PanelView. But still showing this error message. On my MicroLogix 1000, both power and fault LED light are solid. How do I fix this?
I'm using desktop windows 7 64 bit OS

On my MicroLogix 1000, both power and fault LED light are solid. How do I fix this?

That is not good (fault light on solid), see pdf.

Also if using a USB to serial adapter, not all will support autoconfigure.
You might try to set RSLinx manually
9600 baud
No Parity
1 stop bit
CRC error.

Welcome to the Forum !

Unfortunately, that MicroLogix 1000 is not functional if it has a solid red FAULT LED. You can attempt to clear it by power cycling, but in general the solid red FAULT means that somebody sold or gave you a damaged or defective controller.

Welcome to the Forum !

Unfortunately, that MicroLogix 1000 is not functional if it has a solid red FAULT LED. You can attempt to clear it by power cycling, but in general the solid red FAULT means that somebody sold or gave you a damaged or defective controller.

So I need to contact the seller to solve this problem, right?

Did you buy the controller from an Allen-Bradley authorized distributor ?

In general, if you buy a defective or damaged piece of merchandise, your recourse is through the seller.