Micrologix 1200 failed to find baud and parity

rwinter136

Hi everyone,
I'm a bit of a beginner with PLCs and I am having a hard time connecting to a micrologix 1200. I'm using a 1761-cbl-pm02 cable and no converter. I've attached a few photos that I hope will help. I don't have an offline version of the program so I can't see how the communication was set up before
Thanks in advance

20180328_182324.jpg 20180328_182339.jpg 20180328_182510.jpg

Change your error checking method selection to CRC.

Also, since you have used the DCOMM button, you can probably just go in and manually set the parameters for your driver to the defaults and it will "see" it in RSWho even if Autoconfig doesn't appear to work.

19200, N, 8, 1, CRC is what RSLogix500 is telling me the defaults settings are when I make anew project with a ML1200 Series C

I am assuming from the title that you are using Autoconfig in the driver setup dialog. Autoconfig is usually pretty reliable especially with a PC that has a native serial port, but it has the legacy BCC error checking as the default when you choose the device category and won't link unless you fix that.

And welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the quick response. I tried changing the error checking method and that didn't work. When you say defaults do you mean what automatically comes up when you configure the driver?

Thanks for the quick response. I tried changing the error checking method and that didn't work. When you say defaults do you mean what automatically comes up when you configure the driver?

When you press the DCOMM button and it lights up as shown in your picture, I believe the settings will go to what I posted above.

You should be able to set up the DF1 Full Duplex driver with those values, hit okay, then go back to RSWho (the tree view in RSLinx) and expand the newly created AB_DF1 driver and see the PLC appear after a few seconds.

Tell us your exact model and series and I will open the manual on it and see if I am right to assume what RSLogix tells me for a new project is correct.

EDIT: Do you have a USB to serial adapter you can try?
What version of RSLinx are you running?

Last edited:
the plc model is 1762-l40awa ser C
I'm using RSlinx version 2.5
I tried using an adapter and it still would not connect using auto config or manually