Vintage PLC-4 Microtrol

sculliesfox

So has anywone ever seen a PLC-4? If anyone has any information on it, such as software to use, when it was made, anything would be good.

Not planning on using this in a machine, but would like to do something with it to show it off. Right now not sure it it will even power up. I did a search on google, and can not find anything on the PLC.

PLC-4.jpg

I've only seen PLC-4 controllers in the museum at A-B in Mayfield Heights.

Tech Support hasn't even digitized the old 1773 series user manual; you would have to get it from them directly, and they'd probably have to cast a spell to get past the dragon that protects the cave in which documentation this ancient is stored.

There was a 1770-T12 dedicated programming terminal; I know of no PC-based software that would work with the PLC-4 Microtrol.

After I posted here, I did go to the Knowlege Base and saw the that. Since it has to use a Hand Held, I really dont see any way of bringing the old girl back to life.

I also saw some referances to Modicon when doing a search, I wonder if AB used a Modicon design or partnered with them on it.

I think I will see if our AB rep has an upgrade program like the PLC-5 has.