How vintage Logix1000-1500

The ML is no longer the entry level product line, that goes to the Micro800 product line. Software for that is free, called Connected Components Workbench, which also programs the entry level HMIs called PanelView Component, all PowerFlex Drives and SMC Flex /50 soft starters. Some models of the M800 are now Ethernet capable, but not in the same way the Logix line is.

So in response to Ron's question and others. The jist of it is I left PLCs with the PLC3 era. I'm getting back into it and am looking for a good starting point. From the good info I got on this thread it looks like the ML1100 and the ML1400 with the free software for the 1100 for starters. I've got the CCW program(weird stuff). Anymore info?

That is a good starting point, but don't dwell at it for long. The future is in the Logix5000 platform with its tag based programming and ability to use multiple languages, tasks, and programs. The sooner you can learn it the better.