Ge Fanuc series one

whippee2

Hello all, A quick question about this ge fanuc series one plc I had problems with today. I arrived and there was no run light present on the cpu. I swapped plcs with the machine which as the same plc and program and everything worked. Determined that the cpu was faulty. I attempted to install a replacement DL 330 cpu with the old prom card installed, and set the switches and jumpers accordingly. This did not work though. Upon further reading I shouldnt have done this, as this could damage the new cpu.
I rang automation direct here in Aus. The quoted me 700 for a new cpu, 1200 for the box that converts the cpu comms connection plug to a rs 232 connector for the use of a laptop. I thought this was just crazy. 2 grand for materials alone, just to get online, to be able to upload the program from the known working machine and download to the new cpu.
I recommended upgrading the plc to maybe a micrologix, for a bit more money. the program in only about 500 rungs and 120 digital I/O.
Does anyone have any other ideas abou this?

btw the cpu is a 106xxxxx105A. thanks sorry i dont recall all the other digits

thanks
whippee

Last edited:
The least expensive way to transfer your program is using cassette tape. All that is required is a Handheld Programmer (D3-HP) and a tape player/recorder. In the US the D3-HP is $136. In the past I have used the input on a PC sound card to create a .wav file instead of using the cassette recorder but either way will work.

Chapter 5 of this manual http://www.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/d3hp/d3hp.html will show you the procedure.

Hope that helps,
Andy

Last edited: