WinCC Flexible Data Logging Issue

kjs1230

Hi,

So I am having some trouble getting a data log in WinCC flexible 2007 to work correctly. I have a set of data (real) that I am trying to log to a network location via a two boolean trigger tag from the PLC (M 4.0 and M 4.1 for example). For the trigger tag to start the log (M 4.0) i have selected events --> change value --> OpenAllLogs --> StartLogging (Mydatalog)

When I change the value of the tag, it doesn't log any data to the csv file. As for the data tags I wish to log, I have the logging acquisition mode set for cyclic continous and a logging cycle of 1m.

Does anyone have some helpful information on this?

Thanks

Try to log to the C: drive on the local PC. Then you know if it is a network issue or not.

Also, try to setup the logging to run continously, without StartLogging and StopLogging.

Thanks for the response,
I've been able to get the data to log to the network location, and I been able to log continously as well (every min). I can't seem to control the logging with the PLC trigger tags. I've tried setting the tags to log "On demand" and then using the logtag function in the change value event of my trigger tag. That hasn't worked either

I'm trying to log production data (Parts produced, average cycle time, average weld time, average part loading time, downtime incidents and downtime minutes) for several operations per shift. At the beginning of shift I have the PLC reset all the data counts, at the end of the shift I would like to log all the production data for that shift. Then every month I want to archive that data log and start a new one.

Not sure, but your description sounds as if you want to log all the data for one shift, when that shift ends. A quite typical application.

I have never really gotten an event driven log to work as intended by using the archiving functions in WinCC Flexible.
Partly because there isnt really a canned event based logging in WinCC Flexible, partly because all the data is stored sequentially (confusing to look at).
I have made my own logging via scripts, so I have better control. I can for example log everything in rows and colums.
If you are interested, then this is a thread with all the details:
http://www.plctalk.com/qanda/showthread.php?t=33799