Failed to connect to the PLC

mosama

Hi every one

I'm sorry if all my posts are asking for help.

I'm using OMRON CPM2A PLC and when I try to connect to the PLC by choosing "Work Online" from CX-Programmer I get the following message:

errw.gif

And I don't have any of these errors as the device selected matches the type of the PLC connected, the power supply is connected, and the cable works with another computer correctly.
!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is a problem with my computer but I don't know what is the problem.

This can also be caused by improper communications setup. Can you post a screen shot of your PLC and Netowork Setup.

Stu....

Omron PLC.jpg

Does your computer have a "real" serial port or are you using a USB to serial adapter?

Are you trying to connect to the peripheral port or the DB9 port on the CPM2A?

Yes my computer have a real serial port and I am connecting to DB9 port of CPM2A

The other thing that I have seen cause this, is another program having ownership of the Serial Port. Do you have some other program running that accesses the Serial Port? i.e. AB RSLinx.

Stu.....

Yes it does
There are no problems with the cable

Your screen shot from earlier implies that the RS-232 Port may be set up for something other than standard. Is that the case? On the Computer that does connect to this CPM2A, have you checked the Communications Settings on it to see if they match your problem computer?

I don't have a CPM2A, but the manual indicates if you turn the Communications Switch on, that it forces the RS-232 Port to standard, overriding any special settings. Try setting it on, and the connecting to your PLC again.

Stu.....

The communication switch is already on and the settings I used are the standard settings already (1 start bit, 7-bit data, 2 stop bits, even parity, 9,600 bps)

The communication switch is already on and the settings I used are the standard settings already (1 start bit, 7-bit data, 2 stop bits, even parity, 9,600 bps)

Ok, well I am running out of ideas. Have you used the Serial Port on the problem computer on anything else? If it works for other things, it should work for this.

Stu.....

sthompson
Thank you very much for your help. I didn't try to use the serial port with any thing else, but this port was working very good and I don't know what caused this problem.

But I tried to download the program using another computer and it downloaded successfully. So I think there is a problem with the computer not the PLC.