STEP5 to S5-95U

Marcelo

Hi, people. Hi have a big propleman. I was windows 95 sistem in my computer and i needed charge it to win2000. Now, my step5 software not working. Is it necessary get a new version STEP5?

Thank you.

Marcelo.

Last edited:
Well you probably don't need that software anyway.
If you did, you would make dual boot untill you confirm
that Win2k serves you. ;)
I hope you didn't format drive or similar and lost the licence. :(

Marcelo,

if you want to use STEP5 in combination with Windows 2000, and you do not want any problems, then you need version 7.0 or higher. I have used version 3.0 in a DOS window, but with problems such as loosing communication with the PLC.

Kind regards,

If you left the autorization on the computer when you upgraded, the key is gone. If you left the software on the computer when you upgraded, you will need to re-install it. You will need Step 5 ver 7.0 or higher. The key can be reset by calling Siemens and explaining that you didn't remove it and they can reset it over the phone, as long as you have the original key disk.

I have STEP7 v7.0 on my Win 2000 PC. It works OK, also with online comms, only snag is: The PC clock and date gets screwed up.
(Quit Outlook before starting STEP7, or all your appointments will be triggered !).
There is an upgrade to fix this (v7.01 ?), but I dont want to spend 400 € on an upgrade on some software I only use occasionally.

Thansks

my congratulations for all that help me.
If I can help you to some things please contact.

software Step 5 from S5-95U

Please i need for download the program of "step 5 full version" from S5-95U.. thanks for the one to him that me facilitates it.