GE RX3i IC695CMM002/004 serial I/O comm rs-485 problem

ghowno

Hello!

At first I want to ask you a question:
Anybody could help me with communication by RS485 from ASCII device to Rx3i CMM004 module. I'm using GFK2460C manual about serial communication in Rx3i, but it doesn't help in my case.
I'm doing everything like in manual, but there is description about Serial I/o by RS232 - in RS485 should be easier but it doesn't :/

I stack in this moment - I'm receiving data from RX3i (Rx3i transmit it), but when I'm trying to send data, I got receive error (from RX3i status bits).
I have configured port like in image.

Can anybody send me example for communicating by RS485 with this module (it doesn't use COMMREQ) or have answers for my problem?

When I sending to RX3i I'm switching only 2bit of port control data, to receive I need switch only 1bit of port control data?

Please help me :)

serial_io.jpg

There is no way to tell you exactly what is wrong. One needs to understand the device on the other end in order to properly configure and use this module. If you do not understand the manual, what specifically is confusing you? Please get GFK-2460E, or newer, just make sure that you have the latest version from the GEIP Support web site and are you sure that it is properly wired? While at the web site you should also verify that you have the latest firmware version in your module.
Also I made this spreadsheet for one of my customers, it may help.

Last edited: