FM 354 Start up problems

olaivo

Hi there,

we are working at a project at school and are trying to control a Servo drive with the FM354. Only problem is we don't know $%^& about it! (Fact is our teachers don't to, they just dropped it in our laps and told us get this to work).

Now we try to find some kind of manual (the one delivered by Siemens is **** tbh) that will help us through and example so we know how this stuff works. But we can't find one. We got as far though that we know you need to parameterize first. Problem only is that when I enter it all, S7 says it can not connect to the unit and the connection flaws. I tried several things to get it parameterized but it seemingly doesn't work cause nothing is working. (I don't know how you know it IS parameterized). (note that the connection settings are right and I CAN connect to the PLC CPU and transfer data to its memory and run other functions I programmed)

Next to that you have standard functions to call in your OB1? Which when I try to call them just give me headaches. I have to change it's FB to start with (cause I used FB1 to program other stuff) and when I want to link it to a DB it just doesn't work. There is more talk about DB's in the manual which I can't get a clue out of. I just can't see an explanation on how the thing works.

I don't know what to do anymore and was wondering whether there is someone that can help me in this process!

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
The manual is better, though we got the following problem.
When we try to open the Startup screen to test the setup (in the Parameterization process) we get everything to work, except for the fact we can not click the start button.
How can we solve this?

Last edited: