Siemens IT MES <--> S7-315-2-DP/PN communicate

sampsag

Hi,

End customer is asking if we can send some data to their Siemens MES system. Our machine is controlled S7-315-2 DP/PN Cpu. PN port is unused. How is data transferred to the MES-system? Is there a special library in Step7 where is MES communicate blocks?

It would be nice if someone could point us to the right direction.

I am guessing that the MES system can or must fetch the data in the PLC.
All you have to do is to prepare the data so that it is ready for the MES system.
The Ethernet port has to be setup so that the MES system can access the PLC.

Have the above confirmed by the MES system configurators. If they need something else, then come back with more information here, and we can tell you what is possible from the PLC side.