Red Lion G3 to LDSS

noxcuses

I have a couple questions about a Red Lion G3 HMI. What is the difference between a G3 Kadet and G3 panel? I know the Kadet is a scaled down version, but what is functionally different between the two? Are the Kadets programmed with Crimson 3 or C2?

I'm thinking of using a G3Kadet to interfact with a Red Lion Serial Slave Display. I want the Kadet to read data from a PLC and write it out the serial port to a LDSS. Has anyone done this before?

Hello,

The Kadets can be used with C2 or C3. The main difference in programming is the lack of data logging in the kadets.

Feel free to email me your program ([email protected]) and I can give you some pointers on your application.

Thanks
Jeremy

Here is how I think it can be done.

1. Create a Data Tag of the PLC value (Diameter)
2. Set the tag Trigger Mode to "Change in Value"
3. Put in Trigger Action : PortPrint(1,Diameter.AsText)
4. Set delay to 1000ms

Would this print the Diameter string value out the serial port to the LDSS every second (if the value changes) ?

One of the arguments of the PrintPort function is Port number. Of the two physical ports on the G306K, what number is each?

Is there a tech note (or any documentation) on connecting a G306K to a LD4SS6P0?

Hello,

If you click on the port the port number will be shown in the bottom left of the screen (C2) or to the right of the port config (C3)

Sorry there is not a technote for this connection.

Thanks
Jeremy