beginner in need of help

tara26

Hello everyone,

I am new to PLC and this forum and I appreciate help. I have to make a program that flashes four indicator lights twice in two seconds (blinking at a rate of 0.5 per second, 50 percent duty cycle). Next sequence flash only the first indicator light twice in two seconds (blinking at a rate of 0.5 per second 50 percent duty cycle). So far so good, I have been able to do the above but I am stuck in finishing the program and doing the rest of which is as follows:

Next sequence flash only third indicator light twice in two seconds (blinking at a rate of 0.5 per second 50 percent duty cycle).

Next sequence flash only fourth indicator light twice in two seconds (blinking at a rate of 0.5 per second 50 percent duty cycle)

Go back to the start of the program and repeat sequence.

I am aware that I have to use more counters (I already used one for) but I am stuck with my next step to do the next sequence.

Thank you.

Tara

tara26 said:
I have been able to do the above but I am stuck in finishing the program and doing the rest

There are 100 (± a million or so) different ways "the above" can be done. You'll have to tell us HOW you did "the above" so we can help you with the rest.

It would also help tremendously if you'd clue us in on what brand PLC you're using.

beechug

-Eric

Hi Mr. Nelson,

Thank you for trying to help me and sory for not being specific enough. I am using the software that is very similar to RSLogix and called logix pro. The reason I am stuck is because I am restricted to using counters and timers only and I think that is a long way to do it.

The way I did it now is by using two self reseting timers, on counter and few compare statements and it works fine the first sequence but when the sequence repeats,the four lights only blink once. I will attach a file when i go home so it would be clear.

Thank you for your time

Tara