new plc beginner need help

yeungpakkei

hello everyone,

I have a siemens s7-1200 that is dismantle from a worksite. I want to learn writing program. however, it's locked and need a password to do any action like reset. I searched online the only way is use MMC to clear all the memory on it but I'm not sure it can work or not. Anyone can tell me how to make it easy or I need to spend $70 to get a MMC to solve it.

Thank you everyone

Fairly certain you can use TIA portal to factor reset the device.

Although I've never tried with a password protected device.

Hi Yeungpakkei, welcome to the forum!

The only way to do this is by using a memory card.

You mention you got this unit from work, maybe you can borrow a memory card?

Hi Yeungpakkei, welcome to the forum!

The only way to do this is by using a memory card.

You mention you got this unit from work, maybe you can borrow a memory card?

Thanks for you reply, this is dismantle from worksite and is a part of gas sensor in chiller room. I tried to reset in TIA, but program can't reset. And I connect it again it appeared program blocks but locked.

So where is the best way to get the cheapest MMC?