QuickPanel View 16 bit data

automatico

We are currently using 8" QuickPanel Views to display data gathered from a plc 90-30.
The plc sends the data as 16-bit signed or unsigned word, but to the best of our knowledge, the QuickPanel View does not support 16-bit, only 32-bit.

Our questions are: If I configure a tag that points to register% R001 read only this one or the next register?
Is there a more elegant way to correctly display the 16-bit signed value, such as some way natively supported by the QuickPanel?

This is taken care of by the QPV/Driver, in your example if %R001 is configured as an INT or WORD in the PLC it will be handled correctly (as 16 bits) by the QPV even though it will be set as a DINT there. If the PLC has it listed as a DINT or REAL it will be handles as 32 bits.
Confusing but it works.
HTH

Tanks Russ.
I find it's hard to think how the driver could not tell if the software of the PLC is configured a single or double register.

Help with Quick PApppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ppppppppppppppppppp

This is taken care of by the QPV/Driver, in your example if %R001 is configured as an INT or WORD in the PLC it will be handled correctly (as 16 bits) by the QPV even though it will be set as a DINT there. If the PLC has it listed as a DINT or REAL it will be handles as 32 bits.
Confusing but it works.
HTH

Hello Russ:

I am having the same problem. I am reading using MODBUS some registers at Multilin G60 relay. The voltage and current are 32 bits floating point registers and the frequency is an unisigned long integer register. I am reading the correct data at the PLC but when i send it to the Quick Panel View, it is shown in some wierd way.

this is my first project with this HMI and it is confuse the way it shows the registers.

Every help it is very appreciated.

Regards,

Hello Russ:

I am having the same problem. I am reading using MODBUS some registers at Multilin G60 relay. The voltage and current are 32 bits floating point registers and the frequency is an unisigned long integer register. I am reading the correct data at the PLC but when i send it to the Quick Panel View, it is shown in some wierd way.

this is my first project with this HMI and it is confuse the way it shows the registers.

Every help it is very appreciated.

Regards,
Sorry, don't know how to fix weird.
Maybe some details will help to bring a solution.

Hello russB and thanks for your reply. I will try to expose the whole thing. My configutarion is using a FANUC 90-30 PLC and it is using Hoffman communication card to use the Modbus Master protocol.

I have succeed with Modbus and in my configuration I am reading data to three devices; One generator protection relay G60 from Multilin, and PQMII from Multilin also and another Power Quality Meter from CIRCUTOR (another brand).

I am reading the registers I want correctly in the PLC. As a matter of fact I can read anything by following manufacturers MODBUS map.

On the other hand I am using a small Quick Panel view (10 inches) to operate the process and also to monitor the process variables, such as Voltage, Current, Power factor, generator temperature, frequency, etc.

for example ihave the voltage AB at register 1040. this register it is setup as a LREAL type (32bits) and it is showed at PLC memory as Floating point register, as the manifacturer says.

So in the HMI we configure to read the register 1040 and iti is setup as LREAL but when you upload the programm to the screen it only shows you the las 8 bits of the register and I don't know how to change this.

If you need more information such as QuickPanel model or something please advice. Again thanks for your help.

regards,

Is it Modbus TCP, ASCII, or RTU?
Which Modbus Driver are you using in the QPView?
What version of Proficy ME are you using, this determines the driver version.
For best performance you should have the latest version of PME which is 7.50 SIM5 and you should be using the "View OPC Driver" not the "View Native Driver".