Remove Symbol Comments from RSLogix 500

Psymon

I'm doing a conversion from a SLC to CLX platform. When I run the SLC program through the conversion tool, it combines the address description and symbol all into the new description. Since a majority of the symbols were truncated, some of the descriptions are looking pretty convoluted.

So is there a way to just remove all the symbol comments from an RSLogix 500 program without going through them one by one?

Thanks,
Jay

Yes, open the file in RSLogix500 and delete the database, then save it with a new name (in case you need the old commented version again). This will delete the symbols and comments from the file.

Look under Tools > Database > Delete DB

Thanks Okie -

I just exported the DB to a CSV file, then deleted the column in Excel that had the symbol comments, did your Delete DB trick, and re-imported the modified CSV file and no more symbol comments.