enet/b communication unreliable?

wilsonzhu

Hi All,

I have a rockwell ENET/B card, today It suddenly donesn't work reliable, sometime RSlinx can show all cards in the backplane, sometime it can not, what cause this happen, is the Enet card is demaged? when I ping this card, sometime packet is lost with no reply.Thanks,

Because it's failing to respond to PING, the problem is likely in the Ethernet port or in the cable or switch or another part of the network.

There are diagnostic web pages for the 1756-ENET; just type the IP address into a web browser and start by looking at the media counters.

Did you change anything on the network recently, especially on the switch to which the 1756-ENET is connected ? Remember that the 1756-ENET is a 10 Mb/s Half-Duplex device only; don't connect it to something that's fixed at full duplex.

Yes, I found one switch's port is not working properly, Thanks,
Because it's failing to respond to PING, the problem is likely in the Ethernet port or in the cable or switch or another part of the network.

There are diagnostic web pages for the 1756-ENET; just type the IP address into a web browser and start by looking at the media counters.

Did you change anything on the network recently, especially on the switch to which the 1756-ENET is connected ? Remember that the 1756-ENET is a 10 Mb/s Half-Duplex device only; don't connect it to something that's fixed at full duplex.