Using a FactoryTalk Studio expression/event to record midnight values?

TimD

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,

I have a nicely running process :) (knock on wood...)

I have a FTStudio SE HMI and I figured out how to do many things on it including data logging and trending.

I would like to build a data table on-screen that does a few things like record daily totals for flowmeters and track min/max/average pH

I do not have the historian package, so I guess I have to wipe the screen each month, so I am assuming that I'll utilize 'cells' of numeric displays to build the table. Each column will be a target device/reading and each row will be day-of-month.

My question is, of course, how to fill the row's cells each day at midnight? Of course, I need to use an expression, but how I approach this has me miffed.

Also, Min/Max/Average... can this be done without a Historian?

Thanks for any input!

Tim

yes, you can do it, do not know what platform are you using but you can use a fifo (queue), just load it at your pace. I´ve done it here and and my fifo is loaded each 15 minutes so you have 24 times 4 data per day, at midnigt you copy your fifo contents to an array, do not know about your plc memory space but you can try to copy your fifo content each midnight on a day basis so you can have up to 31 different arrays. Max, min and average has to be done based on data from your fifo.
edit: Forgot to mention that your fifo has to be created on the plc not on FT studio.

Last edited:
I'm using FTView ME and I use the PLC (L61) for data collection/manipulation.

I created a UDT and made 2 arrays data[301] & data_copy[301].
After midnight (GSV comparing time to get midnight). I copy 300 elements of the array from data[0] to data-copy[1]. Then copy 300 elements from data_copy[1] to data[1].
I then populate data[0] with new current data.

I do this so that my FTView page is a simple cell layout with the first row populated by data[0], 2nd row dada[1], etc.

I have 3 of these arrays running for data collection/display.

I didn't use fifo instruction as I don't think I could with FTView ME where you might be able to in FTView SE as it has alot more functionality (restricted to static items in FTView ME).

Hope this helps and I'm on the right page with what you are after.