Does FactoryTalk View Studio work using e Won

MattMatt9

Hey,

First post here! Anyways I just started working at an industrial plant and was basically tasked with controlling the PLCs. I realized that the network had an e Won device connected to it so I could remotely work. Before I get Studio 5000 along with Logix Designer and FT View Studio on my laptop in my office, will they work? I havent seen a video using Studio 5000 Logix Designer with e Won just RSLogix 5000. So my question is, will Logix Designer work, and will FactoryTalk View Studio work using e Won?

Thanks.

Last edited:
So a follow up question I have: We dont have any panelview HMIs in the field, just PCs that run FactoryTalk View Client for the operatos. How could I edit a display from my PC and transfer it over to the existing operator HMIs. Only reason I am asking was that I heard you can use the "Transfer Utility" button to transfer the file over to PanelView but didnt know how to do it to a PC running the FT View Client. Thanks.

Unless something has changed recently, the transfer utility doesn't work with FTView ME Station. You have the manually place the file in C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Runtime and reload and run the application.

It was by far my biggest complaint when i maintained 20+ ME Station machines. If you have a VNC server installed on the machines, you can do this procedure remotely, but it still has to be done manually.

Ah ok makes sense. I have VNC Viewer so I would just use that to transfer the file over?

But another thing that is strange to me is that we have to operator HMIs. Both are FT View SE Network Stations. What does this mean? Looking at the files for datalogs as an example (C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\SE\HMI Projects\XXX_HMI\DLGLOG\DataLog\) they both work individually. Like they have there own separate files and dont seem to work together in anyway. I don't know if you know what i am getting at but how would transferring my display work in this case? Transferring files to both HMIs?