Crash bar type E-Stop

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know of a door crash bar type Emergency Stop button? I imagine they probably exist, I've just never seen one.

We have a bunch of powered freezer doors that use what amounts to a length of plugged rubber hose connected to a pressure switch. This tubing is shrouded behind a protective flexible cover. I am not sure of the mfg. though. They seem to be very reliable. Many years ago we had some bump bars about a foot long connected to a safety mat controller. This was a pressure sensitve (load cell?) electronic device. I believe they were STI (now Omron).

http://www.sti.com/mats/ContactStrips.htm

http://www.tapeswitch.com/onlinestore/products.php?cat=21

Awesome. That looks SO much better and cheaper than that commercial grade rubber hose puff switch we are using. It's bad enough relying on the door seal to be air tight, but then transfer that to a rubber hose with sanitation and forklift traveling by...

Our old safety guy got stuck in a door during an accident investigation. It didn't hurt him (except his pride) or the guy who had the incident due to mechanical reasons, it could knock you down, but you have to be pretty dumb to close a door on your self and then stay or step back into its path...Anywho, the dude was testing it in the same position as the guy said he was instead of fully open, and got pinned with his safety team standing there clueless, but nonetheless entertained. I think they did find a split in the hose, but it checked fine before and after both incidents.

Anywho, the dude was testing it in the same position as the guy said he was instead of fully open, and got pinned with his safety team standing there clueless, but nonetheless entertained. I think they did find a split in the hose, but it checked fine before and after both incidents.

OH LAWD!

1264091579_kirk_rofl.gif

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: