AOP for PW753 causes V33 to crash.

HoldenC

When i try to open the properties of a 753 drive, i get a fatal error and logix crashes.

However, I can open the same AOP on V31 and it works perfect.

I have tried reinstalling V33, removing, and installing the AOP, and creating a new file and uploading from the PLC.

Has anyone else had this issue ?

Yes, we were having these issue this summer. Nightmare as we were adding a number of PF755 drives to a CLX PLC.

What version of AOP are you using?

We had V15.01.01, and Rockwell gave us V15.02.02 which fixed the issue.

Have you tried exporting the program to an L5k, then importing as a new program. I had a similar problem with 753...had something to do with an orphaned attribute in the PF DB that didn't play nice. The L5K fixed mine.

Have you tried exporting the program to an L5k, then importing as a new program. I had a similar problem with 753...had something to do with an orphaned attribute in the PF DB that didn't play nice. The L5K fixed mine.

This did not help either. I just did a fresh install of logix on another computer and it works fine. However, I cant seem to get this to work.

v34 and v35 list improvements to AOP stability in their release notes.

I'd install the latest minor revision, v33.02.01, and then the latest patch roll-up (probably October). If that didn't do the trick, I'd use v31 or the other computer to record the non-default parameters of the drive and delete them from the project and add them from scratch on the affected computer.

If it still wasn't working, I'd uninstall everything that said SQL from Add/Remove Programs and reinstall v33.02.01 and that patch roll-up. Several Rockwell software packages seem to install some Lite/Compact SQL server and we started seeing problems on newer versions of their software because of old versions of the SQL install.