Removing an AOP from Logix?

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Can an AOP be removed from Logix? I seem to have some version weirdness from an E&H AOP and I need to see if reinstalling the AOP will correct it.

There are multiple technotes that are explaining how to uninstall an AOP using /CU option
here are directions from BF21576 | Access Level TechConnect:

".. go to Command prompt, type the path of the folder (where the installer is) and MPSetup.exe and add /cu to the command.. After entering the command, the AOP installation will begin again. Continue the steps until it asks for Install or Uninstall the AOP. Select Uninstall and complete the uninstallation. The /cu command will enable the Uninstall option."

Thank you, I did get that info and used it. Versions still don't line up between device web page and AOP display but the fault is now different (Parameter Rejected) so it's up to E&H to sort out now.

For those who care...
If you have the Config Assembly turned on in the E&H AOP, there is a parameter called access (or access code) that has to match what you set it to in the web page.
I would never have made the connection that the web page login has any relevance to the AOP connectivity, but it does. Lesson learned.