Removing "Unknown" AOI Parameters : Studio 5K

daba

Lifetime Supporting Member
Faced with the task of removing a now defunct parameter from all the AOI instance calls already programmed, and discovering no way to "remove all" from all AOIs.

It is so easy to ADD a parameter, and it will filter into the AOI instructions "en-masse", but each unknown parameter has to be removed one at a time.

I suppose I could export the file to an L5K, and edit it with a word processor, but I'd still have to find each instance call, highlight the part I don't want, and delete it, but to be honest that would probably take longer to do, and is potentially prone to errors.

Does anyone know if there a way to do this ?

What version? I just did a quick test on v32, unchecked the parameter from my AOI, and all instances it was removed.

But I do recall having this issue a few years back, and I thought it left the AOI parameter as "unknown ?", similar to JSRs...

I swear I did a find/replace on the "?" with "" that took care of it.

What version? I just did a quick test on v32, unchecked the parameter from my AOI, and all instances it was removed.

But I do recall having this issue a few years back, and I thought it left the AOI parameter as "unknown ?", similar to JSRs...

I swear I did a find/replace on the "?" with "" that took care of it.

Version 32 : You remove the parameter from the Parameters list, but you end up with the "unknown" in the AOI instruction boxes.

I did find a much quicker way - click on the unknown parameter in the instruction, then type a "1", then press ESC, and hey presto the unknown parameter disappears ! Less mouse movements needed, and now a two-hand operation, so it's faster.

I just wish they had put a shortcut key R in the right-click context menu, so you could click on the unknowns and do Alt-R or similar.

It's too late now for me to try your Search/Replace tip. I'll bear it in mind for the next time I have to remove unknowns....