Hitachi EH-CPU208A talk to Hakko V706

Peanut1

Has anyone had experience connecting Hitachi EH-CPU208A to a Hakko V706?

The connection manual indicates that the Hakko VSFT should enable RS232 connection to Hitachi, but on the RS422 seems to be selectable.

Another interesting thing, when I upload the system configuration from the PLC it tells me its a EH-CPU308A which is different from teh face plate. This is interesting because the EH-CPU308A should enable me to set Port 1 of the CPU to RS422 but this doesn't seem to be working either.

I am sniffing the comms line and seeing no action.

Is there a special way for setting the WRF037 register in the PLC. At the moment I have tried moving the Hex value (16#8100) into it when the R7E3 (on for first scan) bit turns on. It seems to get overwritten by the PLC back to "0". If accepted it should get changed to 16#0500.

It would seem to me the RS422 option is being overwritten by the PLC as 16#0000 is the value written when set up for RS232.