Simatic IEC Timer Data mapping

ry_fern

Hi guys,

Good day!

I've been working with this problem for quite some time now but still I can't find the solution.

I need a timer where I need to map the input and elapsed time, to make it operator configurable and and accessible.If the operator inputs 1 in the IO field, it must be equal to 1 hour. My time range is 0-60 hours. Upon reading manuals, i found out that s5timer can't accomplish this since s5 time has max of 2 days if I remember it correctly. So my choice is the SFB4 TON, IEC timer.

I already configured an input/output field in wincc, and DB in PLC to make the operating time configurable and elapsed time visible but it is still not working. I've tried several data format in my wincc tag but still i can't make it work. Can someone give me tips or hints on how to make this function work?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Alternatively you can use timer SFB - SFB4, it's located in Standard Library -> System function.

SFB4 period is of type TIME.

Time is 32 bits long, yo get the help, put your cursor on the PT of SFB4 and press F1, the TIME format help should appear.

These are extracts:

Data Type Length (bits) Format
TIME 32 Signed time span of:+ or - Days Hours Minutes Seconds Milliseconds
Format Examples (Upper and Lower Limits)

Max. T#+24d20h31m23s647ms
Min. T# -24d20h31m23s648ms
It is not necessary to enter all time units (for example, T#5h10s is a valid entry).

If only one unit is specified, the absolute value of days, hours, and minutes may not exceed the upper or lower limits shown above.

T# -65535 and T#+65535 are the lower and upper limits for seconds and milliseconds.

When more than one unit of time is specified, the value of a unit may not exceed

· 23 hours

· 59 minutes

· 59 seconds

· 999 milliseconds

Note A TIME data type is stored as a signed integer number of milliseconds in 2's complement format.