GuardPLC Logic

echos

Hi
I am new to this so please be patient, I have programmed ControlLogix before and now require to program a SIL3 GuardPLC. Firstly I would like to know, what would the best GuardPLC Controller would be, by "best" i mean what GuardPLC controller is the most identical to that of a Control Logix both in terms of programming software and hardware.

Secondly, does a GuardPLC has its own pre-defined safety function blocks or do i need to create these. In particular i require to program a 2 out of 3 logic, where i am using 3 transmitters, and if one is deviating it gets voted out. I can do this a long way but is there any block/add -on availabe to me?

I appreciate any help
Thanks Guys

Last edited:
I bought 1 guardlogix processor. Never again. Programs like Contrologix. Has its own functions though plus the modules. I would guess GuardPLC programs like. For the money I am now using Phoenix PSR-TRISAFE controllers, and some banner. Banner has Ethernet and Phoenix won't have it until next year.

Hello guys, i have read that the Compact GuardLogix controller is a 1768-L4xS CompactLogix controller that provides safety control up to and including SIL 3 but do you know is this controller is NFPA 85 compliant..?