Redlion XCENET option card

MWienstroer

I just installed a new XCENET option card in a modular controller.

When I went to update the programming, the update stopped after reaching this point.

"Writing device loader block 1"

I then got an error message

"ERROR - Bad reply from remote device"

I am doing the update over an ethernet network.

Any ideas?

Hello,

Do you get this error every time? Do you have a compact flash card installed? Can you download locally to the unit?

Thanks
Jeremy

It's taken me a while to update the programming via USB as I have been traveling. I am able to upload programs now without error with the XCENET card installed.

The option card shows up in communications, but there is no configuration option. How do you go about configuring IP addresses and such for the option card? I do not see a way to point any of the protocols to the option card.

Thanks for the help!

It's taken me a while to update the programming via USB as I have been traveling. I am able to upload programs now without error with the XCENET card installed.

The option card shows up in communications, but there is no configuration option. How do you go about configuring IP addresses and such for the option card? I do not see a way to point any of the protocols to the option card.

Thanks for the help!

In C2 you configure the card under Ethernet Auxillary and in C3 you configure Ethernet 2.

Thanks
Jeremy

Im sorry I forgot that this was missing for the DSP/MC units. We have the fix coded, but it needs to pass testing.

Thanks
Jeremy